Division: Complete Group
Position: Product / Technical Sales Engineer
Reports To: President
The Product / Technical Sales Engineer will primarily be responsible for providing ongoing technical support services, technical sales support, and product development for all Complete Group divisions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical sales support to prospective customers, in coordination with sales lead for proprietary drill pipe connection threads, drill pipe and accessory sales, and downhole tools.
- Provide ongoing technical support and information directly to sales and/or customers as required
- Assist sales in the creation of specification sheets, brochures, presentations, and other relevant marketing materials.
- Assist with long term engineering projects including drafting, documentation, prototyping, testing, design, calculations, etc. Complete short-term design and drafting projects.
- Create engineering reports to properly document projects, procedures, non-conformances, etc
- Participate in meetings and discussions to develop new and innovative processes, products, or goals for the Complete Group of companies.
- Assist with technical issues encountered in the manufacturing and operations of day-to-day work throughout Complete Group.
- BSc. in any Engineering discipline and registered with APEGA as an P.Eng OR Diploma in any Engineering Technology discipline and registered with ASET as a C.E.T., in good standing
- 5-10 years of experience in an engineering capacity
- Well versed in Microsoft Office suite, with knowledge of VBA programming highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills and the willingness and ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic goal-oriented team environment
- Knowledge of specifications and standards API 7-1, API Q1, and/or ISO 9001:2015 is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, in English, both verbal and written
- Broad knowledge of the oil and gas industry including drilling, completions, downhole tools, well construction, etc
- Experience with drill pipe / OCTG connections, manufacturing or inspection
- Experience with technical sales, presentation, and technical marketing material creation
- 2D or 3D CAD drafting experience, specifically comfortable with Solidworks modelling and drafting
POSITION FIT AND EVALUATION
The Product / Technical Sales Engineer will work in an office environment. All necessary tools to successfully carry out this role will be provided. Overtime and/or field work may be required during circumstantial or high demand business periods. International travel may be required
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Product / Technical Sales Engineer will work closely with the Sales and Manufacturing departments.
COMPLETE GROUP EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEES
- Adheres to all Policies and Procedures.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with direct supervisor about department issues
- Is flexible and willing to perform duties as workload necessitates.