The Assistant Operator, under the direction of the Hardfacing Operators and the Hardfacing Supervisor, will assist in the Hardfacing application in either shop or field locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help unload equipment on site.
- Set up work area to perform job.
- Prep pipe for hardfacing application (Buffing with hand grinder, pre-heat, table grinder operation).
- Perform post hardfacing application procedures.
- Assist Loader Operator with stacking pipe and building pipe racks.
- Perform shop and yard housekeeping tasks as necessary, to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform daily inspections of hand grinders and other equipment.
- Follow HSE procedures and policies and report unsafe conditions to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Preform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Training certificates (H2S, TDG, First Aid) an asset.
- Familiar with basic tools and machinery, and small hand shop/yard tools.
POSITION FIT AND EVALUATION
- The job is performed in shop and field locations.
- Will be exposure to loud noise, dust, dirt, sparks, and smoke.
- Protective safety equipment is required including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots, coveralls and respirators.
- Overtime hours required on occasion.
- Physically demanding; requires lifting capability of up to 80lbs, bending, twisting, kneeling.
- Exposure to environmental conditions as rain, snow, extreme heat or cold weather.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
Why Choose Complete Group?
Complete Group offers a competitive compensation package, robust benefits, as well as limitless learning and growth opportunities. We select employees, not only for having the right skills, but also for their capacity and desire to improve themselves and our organization. We are looking at expanding our team with hard working, dedicated professionals that are looking to grow a career within our Company. By joining our team, you are also saying yes to a future filled with challenge and growth.
About Complete Group
Originated as Complete Tubular Products (CTP) in 2013, we aimed to provide a locally owned source of drill pipe tubulars for the oil and gas downhole drilling industry. As the market changed towards survival, additional business units, product lines, and services were purchased and/or started to complement and capture 100% of the sales and services surrounding the lifecycle of drill string tubulars. As of 2017, these independent business units have been consolidated under a single entity: Complete Group